We are looking for someone with a strong engineering background and an even stronger willingness to develop professionally, to join our Backend Engineering team.
- Write, maintain, deploy and operate HTTP APIs, mainly written in Elixir
- Manage, extend and improve our infrastructure
- Support our game teams with using our services and building new features
- Make sure that our services stay up. That means being prepared for on-call shifts
- You have professional experience as a backend engineer (game industry experience is a plus)
- You are a great team player and value collaboration
- You are highly proficient with at least one programming language
- You know your way around complex systems and know-how to work with big codebases
- Your English (both written and spoken) is good - no German skills are required, but we will help you learn if you’re keen!
Bonus points for having experience with the following technologies:
- Elixir, Erlang and Ruby
- AWS Services
- Postgres, Redis, DynamoDB and Elasticsearch
- We will give you the creative freedom to create a fantastic gameplay experience for literally millions of players
- We provide extensive relocation and visa support for you and your loved ones. We want to make your move to Berlin as smooth as possible
- All employees receive a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. We have regular meetups, workshops, brown bag lunches with industry experts, cross-discipline training sessions, and more!
- We offer a unique office space, with sleeping pods and lounges, console games, and a full kitchen with as much coffee, free drinks, fruit, and snacks as you can handle
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other