DIGIT is Ireland’s largest games developer, home to a talented team of over 80 people from all over the world and the creators of free-to-play MMO mobile strategy games. Our first game, Kings of the Realm, became a top grossing game in over 50 countries.
- Work on mobile MMOs, improve servers and co-design architectures for new titles.
- Design and develop our game server and associated tools and libraries, with a focus on low latency, scalability and consistency.
- Write automated, high-quality tests (unit, integration etc.) and work with QA teams to improve gameplay experience, curtail exploits and ensure that everything works smoothly.
- Work with feature owners, the game design team and other development teams to implement new features.
- Work with game client developers to implement real-time, networked communications between game client and server.
- Work with DevOps on scaling and deploying large-scale distributed systems.
- Work with frontend developers to implement tools to empower our Live Operators and Game Design teams in creation of new and exciting game-play experiences.
- Participate in overnight and weekend on-call rotation (optional, paid)
- 3+ years as part of a professional development team or other relevant area.
- Experience in developing highly available back-end systems and servers or high-traffic web systems.
- Solid development skills in either of: Python, Ruby, PHP (Python can be learned on the job)
- Strong knowledge of Unix-like operating systems.
- Experience with Redis, MySQL (or similar database systems)
- Ability to write efficient low-latency, low-IO code.
- Good understanding of how to prevent intrusions, injections, cheating etc.
- Experience in version control.
- Familiarity with deployments, ideally CI/CD pipelines
- Relocating? We’ve relocated over 40 people from all over the world, from your flights to accommodation on arrival, we have you and your family covered.
- Working Permit Sponsorship
- Health insurance for you, your spouse and dependants
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible working hours arrangements, remote days
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Various weekly social events for you to get to know the city and your colleagues
- Strong focus on personal development