Mentally Friendly is looking for a friendly, communicative, problem solver to join our Happy Team and deliver elegant, human-centred, production-ready software.
- You will have regular contact with the client and will be expected to clearly communicate your ideas and concerns to them. Everyone at Mentally Friendly is a consultant for our clients; offering recommendations and support to our clients in areas beyond their job description.
- Highly proficient in using SCSS/LESS to create beautiful and responsive layouts.
- Highly proficient in using modern HTML to create accessible and SEO friendly pages.
- Proficient in using cloud platforms like AWS, Netlify, or Firebase.
- Proficient in using NoSQL databases; i.e. MongoDB or DynamoDB.
- Proficient in using version control; i.e. GitHub.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with building Node and Express applications.
- Experience with building React Native apps.
- Experience with building Electron apps.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment services like CodeShip.
- Experience with building interactive, digital prototypes.
- Experience with creating clean, modern, well-documented code.
- An awareness of creating 3D/AR products.
- An expert in your field and able to clearly communicate your ideas and concerns to your team and to the client.
- A confident and motivated individual with an action bias and a growth mindset.
- Applying a consultative approach to working on projects and with clients.
- Collaborating with your team and the client in every stage of a product's lifecycle; from planning to delivery.
- Responsible for estimating your own tasks and managing your own workflow to meet the deadlines which you will have set with your team.
- Able to recognise when problems should be escalated to product managers or advisors.
- Deciding which technology to use for a project and how to implement it.
- Able to judge if a product feature provides enough value to justify the cost to the client.
- Able to adapt to Mentally Friendly's processes, but able to suggest improvements.
- Able to receive constructive criticism.
- We are happy to sponsor visas for the right international candidate.
- We believe that having fun is a key ingredient to producing great work - especially when project delivery dates are approaching. Everyone's birthday is celebrated with a song and a slice of cake. There is an informal PT club held at lunchtime once a week. And we often get together for BBQs in the park across the road, team dinners, and the odd ten pin bowling tournament.