We are looking for a Planning and Risk Engineer to join our team in London. This is a brand new role in which you'll be working with our Software Engineering and Commercial teams to help solve some of the most challenging problems facing the construction industry. You’ll play a critical role in helping our diverse team of scientists, mathematicians, product designers, and software engineers (there’s also a neurosurgeon) understand how the construction industry plans its projects and handles risk
- Work with our clients, the largest infrastructure contractors and owners, to help them understand our results.
- Work closely with our brilliant machine learning engineers to help them understand planning and risk. You’ll be their guiding light through the maze of complex projects.
- Work with our product team to help them understand the perspective of the user, rigorously test our product on projects and making sure it’s something you would have wanted to use in your past life. Build something you love.
- Follow your work through the last mile with our clients and our product team, gathering feedback and implementing responses quickly.
- Lead the introspection of the outputs of our machine learning models onto real world projects, checking the predictions generated with the logic presented.
- You’ve got at least 3 years of experience in planning large infrastructure or energy projects, experience in Primavera P6, Asta PowerProject and other planning tools.
- You also got at least 3 years of experience in modelling risk quantitatively, which means you’re well versed in Quantitative Schedule Risk Analysis from its basic principles to the use of software tools like Xactium, ARM, @Risk, or similar.
- You have strong quantitative skills, with an exceptional understanding of statistics. You should know about probability distribution types, fat/long tails, sampling, and be precise in the use of mathematical and statistical terms.
- You’ve been able to communicate your work (verbally and written) with a wide variety of stakeholders on a variety of projects.
- Your experiences in planning and risk gives you perspective to bring to the table but more importantly, you are excited about how nPlan’s approach is fundamentally different and valuable.
- You have an eye for details. If you’ve read this far, mention the word “crane” in your application :-)
- You're excited about the impact of what we're building: your energy, determination and drive inspire others to push for ambitious targets.
- Strong communication skills. Great writing skills are a must.
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.