You will be working closely with Vero's Head of Engineering and other Senior Engineers who are responsible for Vero's high-volume cloud infrastructure. Our focus is on resiliency, high availability, and performance of our applications and backend systems.
- Think ahead and build for the future as opposed to band-aid fixes for today. We need to balance the “getting things done” part of a startup with long-term future-proofing of Vero's infrastructure.
- Work with the engineering leadership team to develop new initiatives and improve existing processes across the entire engineering team, particularly with regard to code quality and DevOps.
- Help deliver engineering projects from ideation to completion within start-up time frames to ensure Vero's overall reliability, performance, security, and stability.
- Taking a customer-focused approach to technical work.
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code.
- Experience working with large-scale cloud-based environments. We're looking for someone with AWS exposure but commensurate exposure and experience on Azure and Google Cloud Platform are also serious candidates.
- Highly technical background with previous experience in software development domains.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and, optionally, NoSQL databases (e.g. Cassandra).
- Experience delivering projects at scale, and making sound engineering choices to set us up for future growth and success.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- Alongside cloud experience, a strong fundamental understanding of distributed systems, high availability, and backend components such as databases, web protocols, and networking is key to success in this role.
- Coding/scripting knowledge in Bash, Ruby and Java or a C-based language.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree.
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic) and automated testing frameworks.
- Ability to work independently
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible work. Work in the way that produces your best results. Many of our team members work from home one day a week, others come to the office every day and many are completely remote. We’re committed to helping you feel like you can be the happiest and most productive you.
- Team conference. We host an annual team conference to get together as a team, challenge the status-quo and expand our vision for the future.
- Parental leave. We offer a generous parental leave policy.
- Visa Application. We cover visa application and processing fees to sponsor team members in relocating to Sydney, Australia.