Shopify Pay is looking for a Senior Business Operations Lead to help build and run a world-class operations team within one of the most exciting and ambitious endeavours Shopify is taking on in 2020. You will report directly to our Director of Operations within the team and strive to operate three to six months ahead of the product team in execution: Paving the path forward by unblocking commercial, organizational, investment, support or logistical hurdles.
- Identifying strategic opportunities and convert them to business cases to help drive business strategy
- Building and maintaining our business model (budget and forecast for 5 years) to reflect our roadmap and educating our entire team on how to interpret it and convert it into actions
- Working closely with team leads in order to maintain a strong relationship between our focus and our budget through the right OKRs
- Owning our business metrics and ensuring leadership receives monthly, quarterly and annual reports on our progress compared to plan along with suggestions on strategic decisions based on insights and analyses
- Hiring and people management within the operations team in Canada to build a productive and diverse team Owning commercial negotiations and partnerships
- Developing our long-term monetization strategy through willingness to pay research and analysis
- Nurturing and leading our relationship with representatives of teams we rely on (Finance, Legal, Talent, Support and more) in order to ensure we’re aligned and coordinate our respective roadmaps for mutual success
- Ability to thrive with multiple responsibilities and competing priorities
- Ability and willingness to own the execution within operations before building out the team
- Highly analytical mindset - you convert ideas into business cases and models with clear and achievable milestones that fuel the teams OKRs
- Experience surfacing business insights to better optimize the business, including defining and measuring KPIs and analyzing growth, adoption, margins etc.
- Experience in hiring, leading and coaching a thriving and diverse team
- Strong skills in writing SQL and using Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets to your advantage
- Experience in negotiating large and impactful partnerships and vendor agreements
- Superb communication skills in the broadest sense – proactively identifying context gaps within our team and resolving them through the right channels both written and spoken
- A strong desire to constantly improve yourself and your work environment, and ability to turn those desires into actionsWillingness and ability to travel frequently
- We offer immigration and relocation support for successful candidates, so even if you live far away, consider applying.