Could you be the motivated Software Developer we are seeking to join our core R&D group, based in our Sydney studio? If so, you would help continue the evolution of our visual effects production tools and processes, especially in the areas of natural phenomena simulation, procedural geometry generation/amplification, and creature effects.
- Work alongside some of the best artists and developers in the world
- Apply your technical skills to create new tools and techniques for simulating hair, fur and cloth
- Integrate those tools and techniques into both established and new artist workflows.
- A tertiary qualification in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3 or more years of experience in a related field
- Software development experience using C++/C++11 and Python
- Working knowledge of relevant applications such as Houdini and Maya, including their APIs
- Ability to develop tools and UIs for creative users
- Experience with UNIX / LINUX
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently for some tasks
- Experience using software profiling and optimisation tools e.g. VTune, Valgrind
- Mathematical skills and familiarity with algorithms for numerical simulation
- Working knowledge of other relevant APIs or extension languages, such as OpenGL, Bullet, OpenVDB, CUDA, Boost, TBB, Qt or PyQt
- An appreciation of design aesthetics
- If you are successful in gaining a role with Animal Logic in Sydney and require a work visa, we will support you through the process of preparing and lodging your application.
For More info - https://www.animallogic.com/careers/faqs/