Are you interested in working on our state-of-the-art Glimpse renderer used by hundreds of artists in a production environment? Glimpse is a complete production renderer used for all of Animal Logic's feature animation and visual effects work. If the answer is yes, then read on
- Work on all aspects of the renderer, including scene representation, render and sampling engine, raytracer, shading system: everything required for generating highly realistic images for our films.
- Create and maintain tools that are directly used in our lighting, shading, and compositing workflows.
- Closely collaborate with technically minded artists to design, implement and rapidly deploy into production.
- Be part of a small, dynamic and self-motivated team of individuals with varied backgrounds.
- Take on responsibility, get stuff done, and make our artists happy
- 2+ years’ experience developing rendering software using modern C++.
- Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Have a background in film, animation, television, visualization, games, or come fresh out of academia with a strong focus on computer graphics.
- Thorough understanding of photorealistic rendering, light transport and global illumination techniques.
- A passion for algorithms, optimization, and data structures.
- Good mathematical skills and familiarity with numerical methods, probability and statistics.
- The ability to work in a dynamic and challenging environment, take direction and possess good communication skills.
And you might also have:
- Real-time rendering experience.
- Raytracing and shading technologies such as Embree and RSL/OSL/GLSL.
- Developing high-throughput algorithms on GPUs.
- Writing high performance code, with a good understanding of parallel programming, compilers and optimization.
- Familiarity with DCC applications such as Houdini and Maya, including their APIs.
- If you are successful in gaining a role with Animal Logic in Sydney and require a work visa, we will support you through the process of preparing and lodging your application.
For More info - https://www.animallogic.com/careers/faqs/