As a front-end engineer at DoorDash, you’ll help design and build beautiful, intuitive user interfaces for our web applications to create the best delivery experience for our consumers, merchants and drivers.
- You are deeply empathetic—we’re one team, all excited to learn, build great products, and ship beautifully crafted code—and you know trust, understanding, and collaboration are foundational to that.
- You bring a diverse perspective to the underlying why of the work—we can only build the best product and team if we are empathetic to our customers, flexible in our views, and empowering of different voices in our process.
- Committed in your dedication to writing modular, testable code that will stand up to the test of time.
- Passionate about finding the best architectures and tools to take the team to the next level.
- Extremely humble, but willing to fight for good ideas with strong experience, valid data, or tactile prototypes to back it up. Strong opinions, weakly held.
- You love to ship small and ship fast—getting something modular and robust out in the world is the best way to learn what works and what doesn’t.
- Obsessed with beautiful design and user interfaces, and an expert in implementing them.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, responsive design, website performance, and accessibility.
- B.S., M.S. of PhD or 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience architecting large-scale frontend applications
- Mastery of the foundations of the web: vanilla JS, HTML5, CSS3
- Deep understanding of REST principles and experience working with and implementing backend APIs
- Experience with MVC, MVVM, Reactive programming models to build web applications
- Experience with React (and its concepts), Redux, Angular, jQuery, Webpack, CSS Preprocessors (like SASS, PostCSS)
- Familiarity with Sketch / Photoshop / UI design
- Experience with documentation, unit and integration testing
- Contributions to open source projects
- Premium medical, dental and vision insurance plans , $75 monthly fitness reimbursement
- Unlimited vacation days for salaried employees
- Generous vacation and sick days for hourly team members
- Competitive salary with annual reviews
- Meaningful equity opportunities
- Quarterly off-sites and team-building activities
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Please be advised that these are the following visa types DoorDash will sponsor for this position: H-1B, H-1B1, TN or E3.