Our Accounting Team is looking for a Technical Revenue Accounting Manager to help shape DoorDash’s revenue reporting infrastructure and processes while keeping pace within the fast and quickly evolving online marketplace company. You will report to our Senior Manager, Accounting. It's an exciting time to join this team for those looking for ownership and career growth
- Research and prepare written technical accounting policies and positions for current revenue recognition policies and ad hoc technical memos for non-standard revenue transactions
- Review contracts for implementation of appropriate revenue recognition observing relevant accounting literature and our revenue recognition policy
- Analyze revenue accounting matters for new projects and products; provide comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions proposed. Work with the Accounting Sr. Manager and Controller to develop and document accounting conclusions and associated accounting policy
- Collaborate with legal, sales, sales operations and professional services to provide guidance on accounting, policy or process issues around revenue recognition
- Develop technical analyses for the revenue operations team; reevaluate essential assumptions.
- Support the group in developing new financial schedules and management reporting
- Help establish global revenue processes and strategy, working with legal, engineering, tax, and product teams.
- Analyze and support new programs; determine associated accounting treatment, and communicate financial statement impact to senior management
- Participate in and help lead essential accounting projects including audit readiness and management reporting
- Ad hoc analyses and projects
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, CPA are required
- 5+ working years of accounting experience, a mixture of the big 4 public accounting, industry financial or external reporting experience.
- The ability to work with all levels of management and diverse teams
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP, ASC 606 and ASC 340; knowledge of IFRS a plus
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions) and ability to work with large volumes of transactional data, SQL a plus
- Experience reviewing, interpreting sales contracts, and translating into a revenue recognition framework
- Premium medical, dental and vision insurance plans , $75 monthly fitness reimbursement
- Unlimited vacation days for salaried employees
- Generous vacation and sick days for hourly team members
- Competitive salary with annual reviews
- Meaningful equity opportunities
- Quarterly off-sites and team-building activities
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Please be advised that these are the following visa types DoorDash will sponsor for this position: H-1B, H-1B1, TN or E3.