Reporting to the Chief Manufacturing Officer, your role is responsible for the entire operational and strategic procurement and supply chain operation activities for our Lilium aircraft production. In addition, your team will be the Center of Competence for Procurement activities across all Lilium Divisions.
- Set up, train and lead the procurement teams for commodity aircraft parts procurement, General Procurement & Investment, supply chain operations and supplier development
- Develop Procurement Strategies & Policies aligned with our company strategy
- Ensure full compliance of Lilium Procurement activities with regards to Regulatory and Legal environment, including Export Controls, Anti Corruption and Bribery, Environmental Protection.
- Lead Commodity Procurement for Aircraft parts - Conduct market research, identify & select potential suppliers, in line with the requirements of the Aircraft Programme, as detailed by the IPTs (Integrated Project Teams) - Manage contracting and tendering process and negotiations with suppliers and service providers considering the requirements of all involved stakeholders - Designing, introducing & managing the supply chain landscape up to the Lilium factory
- Lead big scale supplier sourcing deployment projects from evaluation to ramp up and stable performance
- Leading the operations purchase - Secure the plant delivery to safety, quality, time and cost targets, e.g. Ensure performance control with high-responsive supply chain/supplier development, including cost improvement programmes - Establish a robust supply chain set up including purchasing, inventory management, order monitoring until goods receipt as well as a fast problem solving for qualitative and quantitative delivery deviations - Own the implementation and management of the Inbound Logistics activities (external providers of Logistics and Customs clearance) in line with the Incoterms negotiated by the Commodity Buyers - Support Production Logistics by providing an accurate delivery forecast, setting up the Plan For Every Part concept and reduce inventory
- Leading supply chain development teams for the production organisation
- Leading the General Procurement & Investment team for the entire Lilium business - Orchestrating a global network of modern manufacturing equipment suppliers to initiate best practice exchange and a continuous flow of innovations outside-in - Purchase defined manufacturing equipment and systems for the domestic Lilium factories
- Support supplier Approvals & POA monitoring in support of Lilium’s Quality organisation
- Continuous alignment and integrated way of working as part of the extended leadership teams in each domestic Lilium factory in close collaboration with Production Logistics
- Close co-operation with the Engineering teams and working collocated within the development teams during new aircraft design projects
- Recruit, support, train & mentor staff – leading a lean organisation of commodity buyers and operations supply chain staff
- Minimum qualifications / Education: mechanical engineering and/or business administration degree – excellent grade and industrial internships required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in procurement out of which 5 in in a similar position within global, high volume automotive or aerospace environments required
- Proven experience leading “End to End” implementations of purchasing and supply chain strategies and related tools within state of the art production environments desired
- Strategic thinker with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus – proven record of defining and deploying new factories in a responsible position
- Excellent analysis and evaluation skills with a drive to challenge the status quo – applying value engineering, cost analysis and keen implementer with developing/deploying roadmaps for quality, cost, volume, etc.
- Strong leadership maturity and ability to lead through others
- Excellent communications skills to build and sustain credibly with all levels of the organisation and manufacturing staff
- High sense for urgency with a real time networking across the globe
- Eager to learn and adopt his style to a start-up environment; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator; ability to facilitate workshops
- Fluent English required, German or any other language desired
- In order to build a world-class team, we welcome people from all over the world. From free language tuition to relocation assistance and visa sponsorship, we’ll support you on every step of your journey.